Wednesday, January 7, 2009

an Oakland Killing!

It Disgusts me how much injustice there is in this world.

On January 1, 2009, Police Officer Johannes Mehserle fatally shot an unarmed African American Man, Oscar Grant as he was detained by the Cops and Laying face down on the cold cement.

Oscar Grant pleaded over and over again, "please don't tase me, Please don't shoot me" but I guess that wasnt enough to save his life.
I cram to Understand how you could be held down by 5 cops but yet still be considered a big enough threat to get wasted like that. More like a public execution to me.

Seconds later, police put Grant face-down on the ground. Grant appears to struggle. One of the officers kneels on Grant as Mehserle stands up, tugs at his service weapon on his right hip, unholsters it, and fires one round into Grant's back.

People and Citizens in the Bay Area are expressing outrage over the lack of action that has taken place

Watching the Video and just gathering more information about the Incident has literally made me sick to my stomach. Oscar Grant was a Father, a Friend, a Son and a Human Being, to think that his life was lost at the hands of a benevolent BART Cop who devalued a young mans life is the cause of all of this.

This Video is Explicit:

No comments: