Saturday, August 9, 2008

R.I.P Bernie Mac


Words cannot express how I felt this morning when I found out that Bernie Mac passed away early this morning due to complications from pneumonia. I truly felt that I had lost one of my family members. I am still in shock and cannot really grasp the thought of him being gone this soon.Bernie Mac is one of the most funniest and revered actors and comedians of his time and of the younger generation. Mac's jokes played on real problems and situations within the black family while also offering different perspectives that people from all walks of life and races could relate to. There is not one movie that Bernie Mac starred in that i didnt enjoy. From one of my favorite movies Life (one of his most memorable roles in my mind)to his numerous guest appearances on Moesha, to Mr. 3000, to Friday(many classic hood movies) to Oceans 11 and the most recent Transformers. Mac is like everyone's funny uncle that you cant wait to see because he keeps you laughing the whole time. One of my most favorite standup routines from MAC was his "milk and cookies" one from the Kings of Comedy starring fellow Kings Steve Harvey, Cedric the Entertainer and DL Hughley. Every role that is given to Mac he stands out and makes his performances more than memorable. I know in the future many will try to do what Mac did but there will never be anyone that will come along to be as great and funny as the MAC.
Bernie Mac is funny as hell!

R.I.P Bernie Mac, You will be Missed, I know you will be Chopping it up with the Lord in Heaven!

No comments: